Sunday, February 10, 2013

Winter Beauty

For a couple weeks now people have been posting beautiful pics of the ice covered lighthouses in St Joseph. And my shutter finger has been itching to get some pictures of my own. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to get back here until this weekend. Thankfully, the weather held out till I got here and yesterday it was sunny all day. :-) I got up before sunrise and was out on the pier to get this pic. You can see the warm glow of the "golden hour" sun. It was magnificent! The temps yesterday and today got up above freezing so the melting has begun. We are forecast to have above freezing temps several days this week so the window of time to get shots like this is closing. Fortunately, I was able to take a lot of pics yesterday. So you can look forward to more pics like this to come!

2 comments:

  1. WAHHOOO. Your photo is as good or better than most I saw these last few days of the lighthouse. I am so glad you were able to scratch that itch! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Carol! I feel very fortunate to have gotten this shot too. We didn't see this kind of ice on the lighthouse for the past couple of years so it was really a treat to see it now.

    ReplyDelete