Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Serenity


New year. New camera. New outlook.

I've chosen to adopt "serenity" as my theme word for 2013. I'm not intending to limit myself to only featuring pics inspired by that word here but I am hoping to share many with that in mind. Serenity is something I'm striving to have more of in my life and what better way to challenge myself artistically than to feature it in my photography as well.

In 2011 I tried the 365 Project here (a picture a day). It went pretty well. For the most part I enjoyed the challenge and was proud to have seen it through for all 365 days. In 2012 I tried the more modest Project 52 (a picture a week). That didn't go well at all. Basically  I forgot about it after the first few weeks. I won't try that one again.

This is a new year and I'm up for a new challenge, so "serenity" it will be. Who knows, maybe by the end of the year I'll be the Queen of Serene. ;-)

1 comment:

  1. I'd love to do the 365 Project, but I just don't think I'd make it. I'd be setting myself up for failure. The Project 52 sounds like a possibility for me. The other thing I've considered is photographing my garden on a daily basis during the growing season. I think it would be kind of interesting to have a record of how things develop.

    Whatever you do I'm looking forward to seeing your lovely photos!

    Happy New Year, Your Serene Highness!

    ReplyDelete