Monday, June 11, 2012

Linden In Bloom



This is a Linden Tree in bloom. I don't know how I've lived this long without experiencing the fabulous scent of this tree. I've written about the linden tree before on my other blog, and I've photographed a linden before, but I've never had the pleasure of seeing and smelling one in bloom. I think I may be addicted to the scent. I can see myself returning to this tree every day that its in bloom. I want one of my own, of course. But that's not going to happen. However, this particular tree is in a public place, with a park bench beneath it! So I can return as often as I like. Ooooh, I'm imagining how romantic it will smell after dark on a warm summer evening. I wonder how long it will be in bloom. Do you think it would photograph well in the moonlight? How I wish I had the ability to share the scent with you via smellivision!

5 comments:

  1. Well, rats, no smells?? Oh, does this have thorns??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thorns, hmm... I didn't notice any but then I wasn't looking for them. I'll check the tree for them tomorrow. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Carefully, check carefully! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. There are no thorns on the linden tree. Not a one. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. OKKKK well, makes it all the nicer then! :-))

    ReplyDelete