Sunday, May 13, 2012

This Week in My Garden (and House)

The garden is coming to life. Oh there have been a few spots of color here and there for a few weeks now but this week the color has really exploded. These little pinkies emerged this week.

And these little purplies too.

The ever lovely iris has fashioned a bloom or two. I was so happy to see these because this plant didn't bloom for me last year. :-(

My two clematis vines are blooming profusely this week. I wish these vines would bloom all spring and summer long. I love the deep, rich color.

And lookie what we have here. The first rose of the season! I don't usually see this beauty until June but I guess with all the warm weather we had back in March it decided to make an appearance early this year. :-)

I think it won't be too long before the daylilies bloom and then I'll have spots of yellow in the yard too. I love spring and summer for many reasons not the least of which is all the lovely flowers that come to life.

And to brighten up my office which will become a studio one of these days, my husband bought me these maize and blue beauties for Mother's Day... maize calla lilies and blue orchids. (This pic wasn't taken in my office. I took it in the bathroom because I wanted the mirror in the background. ;-)

Happy Mother's Day to all!

No comments:

Post a Comment