Sunday, May 6, 2012

Super Moon Over St Joseph

This is view of tonight's "Super Moon" rising over downtown St Joseph. I wish I could have gotten a picture of it when it first came up over the horizon for the optical effect that makes it look "super" but unfortunately clouds moved in and obscured it at that point. I waited patiently and was eventually rewarded with this view. It's a pretty scene, but it looks like a rather ordinary full moon.

I took this picture with my new brand new lens (Canon 70-300) and using my new tripod for the first time. It's the best image of the moon that I've ever taken but because of a thin veil of clouds it isn't as crisp as I would have liked. Still, it's pretty cool!

1 comment:

  1. I love all of the lights, the moon wasn't spectacular but you certainly got a great photo!

    ReplyDelete