Friday, April 13, 2012

Tulip Time!

So as I was saying yesterday, I drove west across the state. My first destination was Meijer Gardens to see the butterfly exhibit, followed by Holland State Park, and finally, the tulips in Holland. The Tulip Festival in Holland is held in May every year but like so many other plants, the tulips (as you can see) have bloomed a full month early this year. The festival officials are encouraging tourists to come see the tulips now and return next month for the already-scheduled festival activities. I couldn't resist the opportunity to capture the glorious colors of the tulips in bloom so over the next several days I'll be featuring lots and lots of tulips here, interspersed with some equally lovely butterflies and a few pics from Holland State Park. Spring in west Michigan is gorgeous!

1 comment:

  1. What a treat, to celebrate the spring events in Holland, MI twice. Love, love the tulips. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete