Saturday, April 7, 2012

This Week in My Garden

Has is really been 2 weeks since I've posted here? I guess so. I don't know where the time has gone. Oh yes I do. 1940 Census, lol! This last week I've been combing through it, the week before I was getting ready for it. It's been hard to tear myself away from it even though we've had some nice days for picture taking.

I snapped a couple pics last week that I will post. And I grabbed a few pics of the flora in my yard this week. I still find it remarkable that I have anything much growing in my yard yet. While the weather isn't as warm as it was last month, we've still had nice weather lately.

Here's the lone tulip in my yard. I gave up on planting bulbs a few years back because the squirrels would just dig them up. This lonely soldier seems to have been ignored by them this year.

The crab apple trees that line the back of our yard were here when we moved into our house the first week of May in 1989. Every year since then, they bloom during the first week of May without fail. That is until this year. This year they are very, very early as it is only the first week in April and they are in full bloom. And gorgeous. And they smell heavenly!

No comments:

Post a Comment