Saturday, April 28, 2012

Karma Vista

Let's take a little break from all the tulips and butterflies, shall we? Today I bring you grape vines. These vines in particular live at Karma Vista Winery in Coloma, Michigan. If you look closely, you can see itty-bitty little grapes growing on the vines. This is very good news given all the frosty and freezing nights there have been in the region since the warmer than normal weather they had in March of this year. I talked to owner, Joe, and he said that so far they have fared well in spite of the cold weather. This is terrific news! I was very concerned for the wine grape crops in the area because I'd heard that the sweet (juice) grape crop was all but destroyed by the frost. However, it seems to be a sporadic event with some farms losing much of their crop and others not losing much at all. I'm relieved to know that the grapes at Karma Vista (my favorite winery) are doing well. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment