Friday, March 23, 2012

Where'd It Go?

Here's my most recent photo of Josie. Notice anything different about her? All her long fur is gone. Click here to see my previous pictures of her. It's all fallen out. She's not a long-haired cat anymore. Her shorter hair is very healthy looking and the colors are very rich. I'd be worried about her except that her new fur looks so healthy. I'm wondering if she shed her winter coat and this is a new summer coat. Does anyone know if Persians do this? I have had long-haired cats before (but not a Persian) but none that ever lost their hair so dramatically. This is new to me. I think she's still cute but she doesn't look much like the kitty I brought home.

3 comments:

  1. What a little sweetie. Here colourings remind me of my late cat who was called Lily!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. I've had long-haired cats that shed their winter fur, but nothing that drastic. I generally don't notice the change in the spring so much, except they start to get more matted. If the fur looks nice, then it's probably okay. She is a cutie though...

    ReplyDelete
  3. She is adorable- but she sure did lose a lot of hair! Cute kittie!

    ReplyDelete