Sunday, February 12, 2012

Winter Morning on the River

I have heard this winter characterized as one long month of March, and I'd say that is a pretty apt description. March isn't the prettiest month here in Michigan and this hasn't been the prettiest winter either. Having said that, we recently had an honest to goodness snowfall. Not a mere dusting, mind you, but a true blanket of snow (3+ inches). I had an opportunity to get out in the very, very cold temps that accompanied this recent snowfall and take some nice wintery pics. I'll be featuring them all week here on my blog.

This first pic was taken along the banks of the Rouge River. These Mallards were totally oblivious to the painfully cold wind and the icy cold water. They were having a delightful time paddling to and fro and bobbing in river.

No comments:

Post a Comment