Sunday, January 22, 2012

Ice is Nice, But... Cold!

I was up and out of the house at the break of dawn (an hour before sunrise) in low single-digit temps (3F) yesterday to get pics at the Plymouth Ice Festival. It was more than brisk out there! But the ice sculptures were fascinating to see and you just can't beat that early morning light. It was worth braving the cold. This was one of two Statue of Liberty replicas at the ice festival. You'll see the other one later this week.

The town of Plymouth is a charming little place with a nice park in the center of it. The trees are still strung with white holiday lights making for a magical scene. (You may have to click on the images to view larger for the full effect.)

4 comments:

  1. These are STUNNING photos Jasia! Wowee!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Lisa! It was so very cold yesterday morning and I'm not a winter weather fan. But I'm glad I made the effort because I'm quite happy with the pics I got. Wait till you see the rest of the ones I'm putting on my blog. They may be even better... coming Monday thru Wednesday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We have visited the Plymouth Ice Show a couple of times, it seems it is always bitter cold, well, it was when we attended! LOL They have some amazing artists participate. Can't wait to see the other photos.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful, Jasia! That would be great to see in person. Amazes me how they do that.

    ReplyDelete