Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Day 344, Sad Josie

Here is how Josie spends her days. :-( She's not a very active or happy little girl. I took her to the vet yesterday because she hadn't eaten in the 3 days since I got her. The doc says she may have an upper respiratory thing (lots of mucus) causing her to have an inflamed and sore throat.  She's definitely dehydrated. Doc gave her subcutaneous fluids and she seemed to be more alert for a while. Doc told me to try A&D (canned food). Josie did eat a little of that yesterday morning and again this morning but that's it. I'd have to say that so far her adjustment to our home isn't going well. :-(

4 comments:

  1. I hope Josie feels better soon - poor baby.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I am so sorry to read this. Feel better real soon Josie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, Cynthia. Josie is doing much better. Thank you for asking. It was determined that she had pancreatitis. We treated with an antibiotic. She's eating very wel now. We still have her isolated (in the dog's crate) because Vladi is still hissing at her. She hasn't been friendly with us until yesterday when she finally let us pet her. She genuinely seemed to enjoy it. I think we're making headway!

    ReplyDelete