Saturday, December 10, 2011

Day 340, New Kitty at My House!

This is the newest member of our family. She's a miniature Persian we just adopted today. We got her from a local rescue organization. It was love at first sight! I've long wanted a smush-faced kitty and when I saw this precious face staring back at me from her little crate I just couldn't resist giving her a new loving home. She's 8 years old and was ignored by everyone at the adoption event in favor of the young kittens. But I don't mind that she's an older gal. I am too. ;-) Amazingly, she is the size of a kitten. She weighs only 5lbs. And when you hold her you can feel her tiny bones. She's very dainty. I'm going to call her Josie which is a nick name for Jozefa (Josephine), a fine Polish name. :-)

So far, she's been hiding (sleeping) most of the day. I took this pic just after we brought her home, before she crawled under the sofa where she's been sleeping for hours. She'll be introduced to Kaj and Vladi tomorrow. I hope all goes well! I expect you'll be seeing more pics of her in the days to come.

6 comments:

  1. She's a beauty! Josie has a wonderful new home and family . . . that's pretty special. Hopefully meeting her other new family members will go smooth. Looking forward to more photos of her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great photo; amazed that she sat still that long since she was "on the move" when I was over. To those who haven't seen Josie in person, she is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. She is darling! Best of luck on the introductions!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lucky girl Josie is to be adopted into your home. Looking forward in reading how everybody gets along, and of course, more photos.

    ReplyDelete
  5. There is so much personality in that little face! We adopted a 10-year-old cat some years back; he was also largely ignored at the shelter, but my daughter fell in love with him. He was one of the sweetest cats ever!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Adorable! I hope the integration with her new siblings goes well. Lol.

    I can't believe she was ignored at the shelter. I can see why you snapped her up!

    ReplyDelete