Sunday, November 13, 2011

Day 313, Windsday (As Pooh Bear Would Say)

There was a high wind warning up on Lake Michigan today. Can you tell? It was actually a warm day with the air temp getting up to 65 degrees but the wind was blowing gale force speeds. I caught this Coast Guard ship coming back into port. It was really tossing and turning. I don't know if it was called out to aid a ship in distress or if the Guardsmen were just doing maneuvers. Either way, it was not a nice day to be on the big lake.

This is a picture I took yesterday. It's the welcome sign for the Lake Bluff Park holiday light display.

This is a little different angle but it's the same corner. I took this picture today. The welcome sign was blown down in the high winds. It's now laying on the ground. I hope it wasn't broken.

Too bad "wind" was last week's DPS theme, lol!

No comments:

Post a Comment