Friday, September 9, 2011

Day 248, They're Back!

I saw so many Monarch butterflies heading out over Lake Michigan last weekend I thought for sure the lot of them were heading south for the winter. I didn't see a single one on the butterfly bush all week. And then today I looked out and saw 4 of them on the bush all at once. I grabbed my camera and took a few shots. Unfortunately, when the butterflies are around the bush, so are the bees. Kaj followed me outside into the garden today, as usual, and got stung by a bee. Twice. Poor guy. :-(

1 comment:

  1. My gosh, Jasia . . . they are so beautiful and a wonderful shot . . . so sorry Kaj was stung, poor baby. . . hopefully he is doing ok.

    Hubby got stung last week while working, bee flew up underneath his helmet . . . eye swelled up like crazy. Those bees can be nasty.

    ReplyDelete