Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Day 218, A Day of Outstanding Pictures

I started out the day with the goal of getting a picture of shadows, "shadows" being the DPS theme of the week.  This picture captures a tree shadow on the beach and so much more. The morning sun turned the big waves bright white. The strong winds snapped the red flag smartly making it obvious that the lake would have rip currents this day. Puffy clouds dappled the sky with formations that looked like mythical creatures. It was a wonderful day to be on the beach!

A short time later I caught this pair of sailboats crisscrossing the St Joseph River on their way out to the lake.  They were being tossed to and fro and enjoying every minute of it. I snapped one great picture after another!

This evening I watched the sunset with camera in hand. Once again I was able to capture one great image after another. Today was one of those rare days when I couldn't take a bad picture. I took 310 pictures in all and I would give 5 out of 5 stars for 250 of them. You don't get great picture taking days like that very often!

DPS Image: Shadows

5 comments:

  1. Wow!

    I love your images and your text!
    I got here from G+.

    Yes, it was a good day!

    Peace & Blessings,
    "Guided by the Ancestors"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for visiting and commenting, George!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beaches and water are among my favorite topics. Thanks for sharing a beautiful day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for your very kind remarks, Michelle!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Perfect! The first two look like paintings, they seem to have texture.

    ReplyDelete