Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Day 196, End of An Era

Farewell friend. I will miss you. You have been a part of my life since my college days on the campus of the University of Michigan in Ann Arbor. Borders was THEE bookstore in town back in those days. After I graduated from college and moved from Ann Arbor I shopped in your stores for baby books, and books for my babies. I selected Christmas gifts from your shelves and sipped coffee in your cafes. I bought gift cards, CDs, DVDs, and enough books to fill a home library. You were always my connection back to Ann Arbor and the place I could go to buy education and entertainment. Your staff was always knowledgeable and helpful. Your customers were my kind of people... smart, savvy, curious, & conscientious. How I hate to see you go.

"Such a fine memory, I think I'm gonna take it with me." ~ Bob Seger

No comments:

Post a Comment