Monday, July 18, 2011

Day 195, This Week in My Garden

We have a couple new comers this week and a few old standbys. Making it's first blooms of the season, we have the butterfly bush...

...and this little beauty. The bush is actually in my neighbor's yard but there are stems with flowers in my yard. What is it? Hollyhock?

And a few of my dear old friends, the roses, are blooming again.

This Peace rose has brown edges on the flower petals. I'm guessing it's a result of heat stress or drought.

The same is true for this Abraham Lincoln. The color is rich, possibly too rich, and the petals looked stressed too. Poor babies. This heat is tough on all of us!

1 comment:

  1. #2 is a Rose of Sharon. Mine have buds but no blooms yet. I love the pink butterfly bush, the pink fill in so much prettier than the purples and attract some interesting visitors.

    ReplyDelete