Saturday, July 16, 2011

Day 193, Success!


I've been trying to get this photo for three years and I finally got it! Believe me when I tell you it isn't easy to get a fireworks shot with the St. Joseph lighthouses in the background. Now don't tell me you can't see them (click to enlarge image), they're in the lower right corner. Yes, they're small but that's the challenge... to get a good perspective that will accommodate a large enough fireworks burst to cast light on the lighthouses, a nice reflection on the water, and both lighthouse lights on at the same time. And, I managed to get a couple other shots like this tonight too. It was a good night for the shutterbug! :-)

4 comments:

  1. OUTSTANDING!! That is my fav kind of fireworks too! That gold is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bravo! Words cannot convey how absolutely astounding this photo is.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a spectacular shot!

    ReplyDelete