Sunday, May 15, 2011

Day 131, Surf's Up!

Today it rained all day. But a dedicated photographer doesn't let that stop them! I headed out to the beach this morning in search of my picture of the day. I was delighted to find a surfing class at the beach.
Most people don't think you can surf on the Great Lakes but the surfers in the area would certainly disagree with that idea. The waves may not be as big as ocean waves but they're plenty big enough to have fun on them.
It was pouring rain when I was taking these pictures this morning and the water temperature was about 48F. All those little black specs in the water are surfers in wet suits. Up close they look like the guy walking on the beach.
These guys are heading in and calling it a day.
But others were still going at it as I called it a day myself and dried off my camera. You just never know what you'll find at the beach!

2 comments:

  1. I know plenty of kids who grew up surfing on Lake Michigan - and even a few grandfathers that are still out there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If I were younger, I'd give it a try. But I'm looking forward to photographing my husband, son, and daughter who will no doubt want to take surfing lessons this summer. There's a new surf shop in town and I'm sure it will be a popular place!

    ReplyDelete