Thursday, May 12, 2011

Day 128, Late Spring in Southwest Michigan

It was an absolutely lovely day to be in Southwest Michigan. Here are just a very few of the many lovely pictures I was able to capture this day...
The high temperature of the day was 87F. It was so nice to lay out on the beach (Lake Michigan) and soak up some rays. However, sunning was one thing, swimming in the lake was another story entirely. These kids were nuts... the water temperature was only 48F. Needless to say, they didn't stay in long.
The water fountains have been turned on in St. Joseph.
Took a drive into the countryside to photograph some fruit tree blossoms. I'll be posting an whole article about my adventures on my Discover St. Joseph blog soon. Had a marvelous time and got some great photos. I believe the blossoms above are cherry.
And these are apple, but I can't remember which variety of apple...
Played a game of "lets try to photograph a bee landing" and got lucky as this guy approached this Golden Delicious apple tree. I'm not going to admit to how many tries it took to get this shot, lol!
Ended the day with a lovely Lake Michigan sunset.

No comments:

Post a Comment