Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Day 99, America at Work

I've been thinking about the DPS theme for the week (work) for a few days now. I decided to try my hand at capturing the folks at American Idol at work. Their theme this week was "songs from the movies".

Paul McDonald started off the show with a Bob Seger song.

Lauren Alaina did Miley Cyrus.

The judges, Steven Tyler, Jennifer Lopez (just named "The Most Beautiful Woman in the World" by People Magazine), and Randy Jackson, where hard at work critiquing and encouraging the contestants.

Capturing images on this show was more difficult than you might think. The cameras constantly change angles, the stage lighting constantly changes colors, the contestants never seem to stand still. It was definitely a challenge to come up with good images that were in focus and not over or under exposed. Trying to capture a camera change was especially tricky. I really like this one featuring Stefano Langone. It looks like a double exposure.

Always a crowd favorite (and one of mine ;-) , Scotty McCreery, sang a George Strait song from the movie "Pure Country" and did it beautifully.

Casey Abrams is, in my opinion, the most talented of all the contestants this season. I'd love to see him win but I suspect the voting is too much based on popularity for that to happen.

Haley Reinhart did a Debbie Harry song and I thought she did it quite well. The judges were not as impressed.

No doubt Jacob Lusk has a good voice. I see him becoming a Gospel recording artist.

Ryan Seacrest keeps the show moving along. He's a fixture on the show.

James Durbin closed out the show with a Heavy Metal song. He's quite the showman!

All the contestants, the folks behind the scenes, the judges, Ryan, Jimmy and Will.I.am, ... they are all hard working individuals!

Who will be eliminated this week?

DPS image: Work

4 comments:

  1. Excellent work, Jasia...I know how difficult it is to capture images on a TV screen...these are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great shots! Sometimes I wonder if I'm the only person in the world who has never seen American Idol...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Some seasons are better than others. This season is really good. I've been a fan for years. I love music and dance shows (Glee is my favorite)!

    ReplyDelete